Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday play regulations and administration can be found in the Library section of the website.
Chase Golf Club – Local rules
Following consultation with South Ayrshire Council the Chase Golf Club will immediately amend it's local rules to align with other Clubs and SAC with regard to Seafield Golf Course
- From October until end of March any ball PLUGGED IN THE CUT ROUGH may be lifted (not cleaned) and dropped not nearer the hole without penalty.
- 7th hole on Seafield course - from the bunker on the left side of the fairway - the fairway may be treated as Ground Under Repair and relief taken as per Rule 25 clause 1b (you may lift and drop the ball within 1 club length of the nearest (not best) point of relief but not nearer the hole with no penalty.
- The Chase Golf Club will permit the use of Distance Measuring Devices. For all play, a player may obtain distance information by using a device that measures distance only. If during a stipulated round, a player uses a distance measuring device that is designed to gauge or measure other conditions that might affect his play (e.g. gradient, windspeed, temperature, etc), the player is in breach of Rule 14-3, for which the penalty is disqualification, regardless of whether any such additional function is actually used.
- The Electricity sub-station and the surrounding fence located on the left hand side of the 6th fairway are out of bounds. (No attempt should be made to retrieve any ball within the boundary of the fence as this is considered too dangerous). This area will shortly be marked with white posts.
- Both players are expected to communicate and arrange a date.
- If match is not completed by due date both players will be eliminated.
- If difficulty is encountered contacting an opponent, communicate with the Handicap/Match secretary for a ruling. BEFORE THE DUE DATE!!
- Competition tees (white)are to be used unless otherwise stated.
Options for Unplayable lies in a bunker
Following consultation with the Decisions on the Rules of Golf, issued by the R&A, the Chase Golf Club is UNABLE to make a Local Rule allowing players to receive a free drop within a bunker where footprints or other damage has arisen. The options available to players are:-
- Ball can be deemed unplayable and replayed from previous position under penalty of one stroke
- Ball can be deemed unplayable and dropped within two club lengths, WITHIN THE BUNKER, under penalty of one stroke
Members of away clubs whose home club is the Chase and home members playing in away competitions are reminded that Qualifying Scores from away competitions MUST be recorded in the away book which is located in the return box. This includes no returns and disqualified scores. They are also reminded that if this score merits handicap adjustment the onus is on the player himself to make the appropriate adjustment based on the Course Standard Scratch if the away book has not been updated.
Failure to comply could mean disqualification from all competitions played with the incorrect handicap and more seriously suspension of handicap altogether.
A Smeeton : Handicap Secretary