Following the Annual General meeting on Friday October 27th 2017 the following resolutions were passed:-
- ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION FEE for season 2017/2018 remains set at £40 payable by November 30th, 2017. Failure to pay by this date will see a surcharge of 10% added to the bill.
- Election of Office Bearers
- Captain for 1 more year will be Robbie Gilmour (Ricky Tait has relocated). David Connor is Vice Captain
- Outing May 26th/27th 2017 - 3 options will be posted on the board for members to choose a venue. The decision on venue will be made by majority preference and closing date for indications of interest is Sunday December 3rd, 2017.
- The members approved Wednesday as a playing day, subject to approval by South Ayrshire Council. The Committee will set the playing conditions bearing in mind the present Saturday/Sunday system. Wednesday will be incorporated into the competition and an overall winner posted.
- To prevent the Chase Golf Club being used to purely maintain a Scottish Golf Ltd handicap, all Chase members must play a minimum of 6 games with the Club, excluding the Outing and the Captain's Prize. Failure to do so will render membership invalid.
- The competition calendar remains unchanged, including the use of medal tees at courses other than Seafield and the number of games at Lochgreen, Darley and Belleisle. The Seniors Championship will be for over 60's.
- The Challenge sheet has been removed from use. Playing conditions will be posted after discussion by the Committee.
- Some prizes at the Outings and Captains Day will be replaced by vouchers.
- 10) All members are urged to go on line to Scottishgolf.org and read the proposed new strategy from Scottish Golf Ltd. Included in these proposals are an increase on the Affiliation fee from £11.25 to £24 and the Mandatory implementation of measures allowing Scottish Golf to take control of the running of Clubs including competitions, administration and tee times. Please feedback to the Secretary any views you have on this document by November 26th, 2017.
Secretary/Treasurer: John Brodie
Committee: Robert Gilchrist, John Boyle, Alex McMillan, Paul Robertson
Handicapper: Colin Downie
This is only a short summary of the AGM and does not include every decision taken. Where new procedures come into place, members will be notified accordingly.
- Preferred Lies
- Cleaning the Ball
- Embedded Ball
A Ball lying on a closely mown area through the green l may be lifted without penalty and cleaned. Before lifting the ball the player must mark its position. Having lifted the ball. he must place it within one club -length of and not nearer the hole than where it originally lay that is not in a hazard and not on a putting green
On any closely mown area , anywhere through the green a ball may be lifted and cleaned without penalty. The ball must be replaced
Rule 25.2 provides relief without penalty, for a ball embedded in its own pitch mark in any closely mown area through the green.
However, We can add this local rule...
Through the green a ball that is imbedded may be lifted, cleaned and dropped without penalty, as near as possible to the spot where it lay but not nearer the hole **
** Anwhere on the course except in a hazard.
Please note that over the past few weeks some members have failed to mark their own score on their partner's card. Failure to do this makes it impossible to double check scores and is therefore a disqualification offence. This will be rigidly enforced in all future competitions.
|Captain||Robby Gilmour||Vice Captain||David Connor|
|Secretary||John Brodie||Treasurer||John Brodie|
|Committee||John Boyle||Committee||Robert Gilchrist|
|Committee||Paul Robertson||Committee||Alex McMillan|